You can create relationships with these people in order to take their excess work, and then either outsource it or do it yourself.
On the other hand, if you have too much work to handle. You can refer it to other people and charge them fees for your references. No matter which way you decide to do this, you can profit.
In order for you to do a referral exchange, here are some steps you can take:
- Get yourself registered in referral exchange forums
- Find people that are able to take last minute work
- Find people that are in your industry and regularly accepting freelance work
- Decide on rates that you will pay people that give you work, and rates you will charge for outsourcing work
- Make sure to do a great job and to only refer people you trust, so that you can continue doing this without worry of hurting your reputation.
The profits will change based on how much you charge for referring work, as well as what you pay people for giving you references. You also have to account for how much you charge to do the actual work. You can easily make $100 a day doing this though, once you build up your partner base.